Search This Blog

Monday 30 April 2012

The power of color and interiors


After knowing that I was moving into a new house and trying to turn it into a home, I did plenty of research on color schemes and what sort of mood I wanted to project on the house. With a very limited budget and resources, and after having spent the last few years in Mumbai living in uninspiring apartments with either not-so-pleasant wallpaper, or dark muddy granite floors and even the bright green disturbing wall here and there, it became clear what the focus should be on. A beautiful and balanced color scheme to brighten up the mood, as well as to act as a breath of invigorating freshness in our lives. We finally zeroed down on blue + yellow walls as a color combination, while keeping doors and in-built furniture white to amplify the sense of space of the house, and to make a firm departure from years of living with boring old heavy brown furniture. The theme sort of went into a Caribbean retreat direction, and to go with that I've installed an indoor hammock on the living room.  To celebrate this process, I'm attaching some of my reference pics for the interior design/decor inspiration.












1 comment:

  1. Please tell me the exact brand/type/color of the blue and yellow living room paints! I had already decided on this color scheme for remodeling my 1930's home in a Boho chic meets trendy modern style, but am having a hard time finding the exact shades (especially that bright lemon yellow that will probably take 3 coats). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete