Search This Blog

Thursday 10 May 2012

Moroccan Nostalgia


I vividly remember the first brush with the arid and fragrant winds of this unique nation. Upon stepping out of the plane,  the heat, the smells and even the air infused my senses and left me intoxicated with the excitement of new horizons to explore and the promise of exotic wonders. I smiled, and thought to myself "This is it, the place I've always been looking for". Strangely (or not so strangely), having traveled extensively this was the most unusual feeling. While traveling I've always felt like I was passing by, yet while arriving in Morocco I truly felt I had reached my final destination. Many years since having spent that magical week where everything about this country fascinated and enticed me, I still have fond recollections and a greater desire to return. From its extremely generous inhabitants, to the spectacular architecture, the colorful and never-ending souks (markets), the nourishing cuisine and overall magical atmosphere, every single moment was an eye opener. I left with deep sadness and a sense of melancholy... and a promise to return! :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment